Wincc 6.0 project launch problem

solobee77

I have a problem in one of my plants. Each time I attempt to activate the project, it hangs half-ways consistently at the point "Tag Logging runtime" 62% and 50%.

Can somebody kindly offer suggestions on how to solve this problem. It is really urgent. The plant is down 'cos there is no redundant system.

If it were me, I would request help from Siemens tech support. They will want to see the log files in the "diagnose" folder for sure.

https://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.cssr&siteid=csius〈=en&aktprim=100&content=support/newSR/index.asp

In the mean time, you could try to create a simple new project with a tag and a picture with some objects to verify if it will open and run correctly. Or you could try to disable tag logging temporarily to see if the project will activate correctly.

Yes I tried disabling tag and Alarm logging at run time. The project activated properly, but no measured values from the PLC could be displayed.

How come your plant is down because of tag logging, you can't run the equipment without it (none of my business, just curious)?

Tag logging is mainly used for the trend graphs/archiving. Your alarm logging should be fine. Depending on the number of archives and the number of tags in them you could try to create a new archive and add a few tags at a time. I have had a similar problem after an update (5.0 to 5.1 or so) and I basically removed the archives and re-created them. But I only had 4 or 5 with a few tags each (mainly motor load monitoring etc).

Make sure you contact Siemens as well (see the link in my previous msg).