PLC with Profibus Funationality

nil9178

Hi all,
We are in the midst of executing a project where in the PLC has to communciate with the drive on profibus and should also support 42 DI & 42 DO. Initially thought of Siemens S7200, but this is not possible. Only option left was for S7300(CPU313-2DP), but the price for this going beyond our budget.
Need some help in finding a PLC which can do the above job at a very reasonable price.
Cheers
Nil

Hi all,
We are in the midst of executing a project where in the PLC has to communciate with the drive on profibus and should also support 42 DI & 42 DO. Initially thought of Siemens S7200, but this is not possible. Only option left was for S7300(CPU313-2DP), but the price for this going beyond our budget.
Need some help in finding a PLC which can do the above job at a very reasonable price.
Cheers
Nil

What price range are you looking for? That would be helpful. I would suggest the Bosch Rexroth CML20 PLC. Onboard Profibus, ethernet(programming and data collection) and a serial port for either programming or comms to barcode readers, etc. A 2nd preference would be the Mitsubishi FX3U. The Profibus is not included on this micro, but can be added inexpensively.