panel view 600

urvinder_pal

Hello,

I am having trouble establishing a comunication between a panel view 600 (touch and keypad) having only RS 232 port and my lap top that does not have a serial port. I do have a 1747 - UIC and a serial cable ( straight pin thro). Please help me in coosing the right drivers in RS linx and also panel builder 32.

thanks

kanwar

When dealing with PanelViews or any model specific component it is always best to provide the full parr number.

Make sure you know wht port you UIC is plugged into on your PC (ei. port 4 or 5)
I have NOT done this yet with a UIC so this is a quess. I would try to use the recommended (I don't remember which one it is) driver with the UIC in the 232 port and use a null modem adapter with your straight cable.

Hello,

I am having trouble establishing a comunication between a panel view 600 (touch and keypad) having only RS 232 port and my lap top that does not have a serial port. I do have a 1747 - UIC and a serial cable ( straight pin thro). Please help me in coosing the right drivers in RS linx and also panel builder 32.

thanks

kanwar

Your 1747-UIC is a USB to DH485 converter ( electrical media converter). It is also a protocol converter DF1 to DH485.
Your panelview will have to support DH485 protocol for the 1747-UIC to work for this application. Does your PV support DH485 protocol? The complete catalog number of your panelview will help us help you.

See link below for the manual on your 1747-UIC

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1747-in063_-en-p.pdf

I connected the panel view ( 2711- B6C5X) through a 1747-UIC and when I go to configure drivers in RS Linx and select RS 232 drivers, in the configuration window I selected 1770 - KF3 / 1747 - KE, auto configuration was not successful but when i change the error checking mode to CRC and hit OK, I can see the panel view. but when i open panel builder 32 and try to upload an application from the PV to the PC it shows an erroe 2258 i.e unable to communicate.Please help me on this.

thanks

kanwar

I connected the panel view ( 2711- B6C5X) through a 1747-UIC and when I go to configure drivers in RS Linx and select RS 232 drivers, in the configuration window I selected 1770 - KF3 / 1747 - KE, successful but when i change the auto configuration was not error checking mode to CRC and hit OK, I can see the panel view. but when i open panel builder 32 and try to upload an application from the PV to the PC it shows an erroe 2258 i.e unable to communicate.Please help me on this.

thanks

kanwar

The manual for the 1747-UIC clearly states that the error checking is "CRC"
It also says not to use auto-configure. So the changes you had to make were as they should be.

Can you provide a snap shot of RSLinx's RSWHO screen that shows the PV and your computer.
Is RSLinx running at the time you are trying to upload?

Do you get to a screen that looks like the one below and are you using DF1 point to point?

ScreenLikeThis.jpg

Thanks Mickey,

In th window where transfer type appears when i changed it to RS linx network everything worked.another problem now that i am facing is downloading a panelview program from a panleview plus cat no 2711P - RDT 10 C , THIS ALSO HAS A LOGIC MODULE ATTACHED , CAT NO 2711P-RP 1 ATTACHED OVER IT. I used a 9 pin straight pin cale from a bradley, In rslinx i selected RS232 DF1 drivers, I could see the panel view as a backplane and then expanding it to panelview plus icon. Now when i try to upload the application using panelbuilder 32 i can see the panelview but it cannot identify the terminal with an error 2288. This panelview is connected to a micrologix 1500 throufg a advanced network interface converter. I used the IOIO port on the logic module. Am i still missing something. I would appreciate help on this.