Panelview+ 1250 ENET config

MGuenette

Hi,

we are about changing our old RAC6182 for PV+1250. I'm trying to config one of them.

Old RAC6182 IP adresse : A.B.C.101
SLC adress : A.B.C.80

What exactly I need to config to get the PV+ communicating iwht the SLC. I also have CLX in the plant on the same network.

Do I need to setup something in RSVIEW before creating the runtime application?
I've read the usermanual, but I'm not able to communicate with the SLC

thanks
Martin.

In FactoryTalk View Studio, you set up an RSLinx Enterprise shortcut in both the Development/Local and Runtime/Target tabs that points to your controller. All the tags that need to talk to that controller are prefaced by the [Shortcut] name.

Don't forget to set up both the Local and Target paths for the shortcut. If you're on Ethernet, they're likely identical, but you still need to create both or Copy from Local -> Target.

It isn't that cut and dry with an ENI...

You need go to the communications tab at the bottom left then add an Ethernet driver if you don't have one, right click on the Ethernet drivers, select "Add Device", expand the NetENI folder, then expand the SLC folder, select the proper SLC CPU you are using. Once selected enter in the IP address.

Once that is done, you can go back to the applications tab and setup your RSLinx Enterprise shortcut as stated by Ken.

ok,
I've done waht Paully and Ken told me and I got this message when creating the runtime

*** Start RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***
WARNING: Unsupported device detected. Shortcut name = "WHITE".
Device name = "WHITE". Description: The system has detected that a
device type that was not supported in the requested version is referenced by a shortcut.
If the system upon which this project is to be run has received a patch that adds support for this device type,
then this situation will not cause any problems.
Otherwise runtime errors will be detected and logged by the target system when it attempts to communicate to that device.

*** End RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***
Validation completed with warnings. The runtime application has been created.
CAUTION: Running this application might produce errors at runtime.

OK IT WORKS NOW...the shortcut name was wrong..

thanks a lot!!

MArtin.

Ok it seems to communicate with the controller but I got a lot of fault :

warning yellow triangle sign : unable to write to the tag
red x cross : expression contrains as tag that has an error value.

My shortcut is pointed to the controller
DHCP netork with fix IP cable in my office.
-------------
When I open the tag window, the main title of the window is : Tags - /White/
All tags begin by [PLC210_153_380]....is it the shortcut name that I must use?
--------------

Thanks
Martin.

Last edited: