AB PanelView 6 1250

Lawman

Hello team

I have any issue with the AB PanelView 6 1250 with 11 firmware install

We have 8 in total and about 6 of them if you reboot them or have power outages. They only load to the windows desktop, then I have to load the software the HMI.

Has any one came across the this issue, if so how did you fix this.

Thank you all
Lawman

Hello team

I have any issue with the AB PanelView 6 1250 with 11 firmware install

We have 8 in total and about 6 of them if you reboot them or have power outages. They only load to the windows desktop, then I have to load the software the HMI.

Has any one came across the this issue, if so how did you fix this.

Thank you all
Lawman

I remember in the configuration on PV, you can set which runtime file to load if you have multiple runtime files. Should be a setting to select what kind of startup screen you will or not load any runtime file at all.

That's right. In the configuration settings you can specify whether the terminal should boot to Windows (Do not Start View ME) or to Config Mode or Run an Application. On the terminal access the Configuration Mode. From there select Load Application. You don't need to run it yet, just load it. Then select Terminal Settings. From there go to Startup Options ==> FactoryTalk View ME Station Startup.

From there you can select how you want the terminal to startup. Select Run Current Application. In the Run Options I typically select to replace communications and to not delete log files. Click OK to save changes and go back to the Configuration Mode screen where you can restart the terminal and verify it loads your application.

OG

Thanks for those reply's
I have configured those to load Runtime file at startup.
Still loads to windows desktop. Tried different config's nothing worked.

The Desktop Access setting might be the problem. When you run your FactoryTalk application, if you see the Windows Start button and menu bar displayed at the bottom of the page, then it is indeed the problem.

Go to Configuration Mode then Terminal Settings. Go into the Desktop Access setting and set to Disallow. This will prevent access to the desktop unless you can supply the correct password. Disallow sounds scary, but you can still get there by supplying the password. Allow means anyone can access the desktop.

You might want to identify a password and a challenge question/answer. The password would be needed for someone to exit FactoryTalk and access the Windows Desktop. The Challenge Question and answer would be necessary for someone to change the password.

OG