Cannot Login To PanelView Pluss 1000 After Download

brflick

Hello,
I just finished a mod to a PanelView Plus 1000 program. I am running version 5.0 of the FT View software and created the runtime time file in version 4.0 due to the firmware in the PV + being 4.0.
The problem I am having is after the download I cannot login to the PV. I have buttons that are hidden untill the unit has been logged into then they show up. I haven't changed any security settings anywhere so am not sure what is going on.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi,
I have experienced this problem many times, mainly after restoring a project.

The only solution I know is to go back and check your security settings and then set them up again from scratch in the FT view software.

Then re-create the runtime file and download it again.

Good luck

I ran into a problem similar to this and the solution was to go to the Users and Groups and add the user(s) to the Administrator group. Worked fine after I did that.

OG

Isn't this related to using LAPTOP.B to download a program to the PVP that was originally developed on LAPTOP.A? We have this issue all the time.

I've had similar problems before, I can't remember the exact solution but somewhere in the user or security tab I had to select 'migrate users'

You can also choose the second option '.. and FactoryTalk Local Directory.' when restoring an archive. That will import the users correctly, but it will overwrite any users you currently have.

Thanks for your help guys !! I was able to create then add the users into the 4.0 and later tab. After doing that I was able to get access to my hidden buttons. Rockwell Software drives me up the wall sometimes.