control net

I am currently haveing a problem with control net. I am going from a PLC5 to a flex I/O over control net. The Flex is getting a communication error which is shutting down the processor on a error. We have tried changing the control net adapter in the flex, changed the power supply and cut off the crimps on both ends of the cable and reconnected. We have also changed the tees or drops. We have also checked the cable and scoped the cable for any flucuation in the power. Has anyone seen this before or if any one has any advise please help.
Chad kirkbride

If the PLC-5C controller is shutting down on a CPU fault, you should be able to retrieve the fault code from it. That code should give you some clues about what's going on in the system.

It might not be related to the FLEX I/O at all; maybe the PLC-5C is faulting for another reason and the I/O channel is faulting as a consequence.

How many other nodes are there on the ControlNet ? Have you been able to use RSNetworx for ControlNet to review the Connection Status value for the 1794-ACN adapter ?

You also have a memory address in the PLC-5C that gives the status of the 1794-ACN connection; each Connection has a three-Word status entry in the data file you define in RSNetworx for ControlNet.

Any info you can provide might help somebody speculate on the fault you're experiencing. Firmware and Series levels of the equipment involved would be great too.

And, of course, the usual: What does RA Technical Support say about this ?

Thank you for responding Ken. I gave you some second hand informaation that I found out was not all of the way correct. The processor is not faulting, it is the Flex I/O. There has been two different issues. First, they have gotten a solid red light and the power was recylced to get it back to green. The other is a solid green light that will start to flash. The flashing green light was seen by someone when it happened. There are probably about 10 other nodes on that control net string. Again thanks for responding and sorry for the miss information. RA tech support said to check or reterminate all connections. You might be getting some more information from someone else about this also.

Chad Kirkbride
ConAgra F.S.-LambWeston
Richland Wa.