RSLgx500 and EVMOVE

jschapansky

Hey Guys,

I have RSLogix 500 installed on the shop desktop and just installed it on the laptop. When I moved the licence, it wont work on the laptop. It is the same version software. I cant see any reason why it wont work?

The license may be messed up if RSLogix or RSLinx wasnt shutdown when you moved it.

Try to enter this from a command prompt:
ATTRIB EVRSI.SYS
Must reply with
SHR

And then
ATTRIB 386SWAP.PAR
Must reply with
A SHR

If the various attributes are not as listed, try to set them correct.
Stop all RS software before you try !

That might be the issue. I get file not found when I search either computer when the licence is on it. The licence still works right on the desktop. How do correct these attributes?

MOVE does just that. It does not COPY licenses.

Somehow, the move failed. Maybe you didnt use the Master floppy diskette for moving the license between the computers ?

edit: forget what I wrote about attributes. It is not relevant to your 'problem'.

edit again: Since you now know what the license files are. DO NOT MESS WITH THEM AT ALL. I have a feeling this warning is needed.

Last edited:
I also made sure it wasnt in a hidden folder. And for the record, I have rslogix5 installed and activated using the same method on the laptop. It works fine.

Im using a usb thumbdrive. and it is moving, because when i move it from the desktop, the desktop 500 will not work.

And I am 99.9% sure it moved because it said it did, and it shows that it is on the laptop. just that the laptop says "the copy protection license for the app could not be found" when you run the prgrm

I wont mess with them, just trying to move them!! thatnks for the warning.

Last edited:
I thought you meant that the license was still on the desktop.
Not sure what goes wrong.
Check the attributes. But dont touch the files anyway else.

Got to go now. Weekend. Beer level has fallen to dangerous level.

on a side note...this type of problem will happen if you have user account in Windows 'on'...on all Winx & Vista systems. Go to control panel/user accounts to see if it is indeed on.

Have had a similar problem.
On starting windows, RSLinx starts,
When I start RS500 I get no licence found.

If I shut down RSLinx first then start RS500 it starts up fine with the licence.
Then start RSLinx and all is ok.

on a side note...this type of problem will happen if you have user account in Windows 'on'...on all Winx & Vista systems. Go to control panel/user accounts to see if it is indeed on.

I am on XP.. im guessing this is what you called winx. I am set up as a user that is admin. I also am running Rslogix 5 and 5000 and RSlinx n the computer all with the same type of activation and they all work.

Have had a similar problem.
On starting windows, RSLinx starts,
When I start RS500 I get no licence found.

If I shut down RSLinx first then start RS500 it starts up fine with the licence.
Then start RSLinx and all is ok.

Tried it.. doesnt work....danm

yeah...WinX is 95,98,2000, ME & XP.

Check to see if user account is on. If so, turn it off & move the activation. For some reason, Windows (on some, not all, systems)sees the eMove as something negative. If this setting is off, no problem moving the activation.

I encountered this when moving my activations to my home pc. It only did this for RS500, and not the other three activations....