RS EVmove

teakedoff69

my evmove was reset and i am not able to move license back on to laptop. i am only able to run if floppy is in any ideas on how to get license back on to hard driveo_O

Best suggestion is to contact rockwell support.

Me, I would uninstall, then reinstall Rslogix. Not saying you should, just what I would do.

Use proper nouns whenever possible.

We're talking about classic EVRSI activation, here, so we will restrict the discussion to that old-fashioned, floppy-disk based system.

It sounds to me like the EVRSI.SYS file on your hard drive was corrupted. This can happen from antivirus software action, drive compression software, or careless use of EVMOVE or EVRESET.

This means that the activation license that was on your hard drive is gone. Dust in the wind.

The standard mechanism to recover from this is to Reset the activation on the floppy disk, delete the EVRSI.SYS file on the hard drive, and move the newly reset activation back to the hard drive.

To do this you will require the original activation floppy and will have to make a phone call to Rockwell Automation Technical Support (440) 646-3434 to get a Reset code.

thank you.. i just got it had to go into DOS and delete evrsi.sys:sick:

Glad you got it!

From your previous post, "Activation file currupted" I was thinking the problem was not with the key itself, that's why I would have reloaded RsLinx, probably would have fixed it, maybe not.

As Ken Roach said, "resetting the activation", you can do this online once per year. The 2nd time, you have to make the phone call