RSView32 Question

gizmo

OK Gentlemen, I need a little assistance.

In RSView32:
I want to add some script/command to the touch animation of objects (Loops: valve, SP,PV & CV all grouped together). The touch animation would consist of a script/command that writes a tagname sting to a Tagname=Tagvar. When I click on PIC-100, it should set TAGVAR = PIC_100.
Next, create a button on my navigation/main menu screen that open a Trend window with Tagname="Tagvar".

What I'm tring to do:
As I click on different objects its tagname is loaded in Tagvar and I have one Trend button that starts a trend with the last object selected.
If this isn't confusing enough let me know and I'll write more.

Can the above be done?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Yes, it can be done. I've done something similar using parameter files to populate common transmitter popups.

What you need to do is have the action for the trend button be display "tagvar". Then add touch animation to your PIC-100 to set tagvar "PIC-100".

That should do it. You may want to give the tag "tagvar" a default value so that if nothing is selected and the trend button is pressed it won't give an error.

followup

What animation code do I use on PIC-100 to set tagvar "PIC-100"?

I'm using: &MemoryTags\tagvar=PIC-100.

When I select the Trend button, an error message popsup "Please enter an numeric number".

Thanks Again!

Small error...

The animation code for setting the value is exactly as you typed it:

set tagvar "PIC-100"

The mistake I made was that the touch animation for the button should have the following:

display $tagvar$

The '$' denotes a placeholder.

grs

Still having problems

Touch Animation =
&MemoryTags\tagvar="PIC_1_2"

Trend Button Action=
DISPLAY RTTREND /TMEMORYTAGS\$TAGVAR$

Nothing happens when I select the trend button.?
Do you see anything wrong with the above code?

I was thinking a little differently. I've tested it with a couple sample screens that work. What I have is a trend display called 'trend' with the trend object (not trendx). The trend is configured with one pen and the tag for the pen is '#1' (a placeholder). I've got another display called 'main' with a button on it. The press action for the button is the following code:

set tagvar "system\second"
display trend /t$tagvar$

I didn't realize exactly what you were trying to do. You probably will want to only have the 'display' command for the button and have the 'set' command as an touch action for the individual instruments.

Note that you include the tag path in the set path not in the display path like you have it.

GRS

I'll have to continue testing on this latter, but thanks for all your time and help.

I'm still not seeing anything happen (no trend display opens) with I select button.

What type of tag is your tagvar?
Mine is created as follows:
MemoryTags\Tagvar
type=string
data source = memory

should type be = analog?

thanks again.

Interesting. My tag type for tagvar is a string and memory tag. It works pretty well. Is there something else that maybe you've overlooked? Maybe a typo in the trend display name? Do you have the placeholder in the trend pen configuration? What error messages do you see in the activity bar on the bottom of the screen?

GRS