Ethernet IP address for a CompactLogix.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all!
It seems that the CompactLogix processor (in particular the 1769-L32E) does not save the IP that I assigned to it. The IP address is erased when the PLC is switched off.
Am I doing something wrong?
Is there any way of making the processor IP address permanent?

Thank you!

I am assuming you are downloading the I.P. configuration over the serial port. If so, are you unchecking the "BootP Enabled" box in the port config? If not, it will do exactly as you are describing it; dumping the static IP each time the processor is re-booted.

I am assuming you are downloading the I.P. configuration over the serial port. If so, are you unchecking the "BootP Enabled" box in the port config? If not, it will do exactly as you are describing it; dumping the static IP each time the processor is re-booted.

I second that motion.

Yes its True
you have to Disable BooTP\DHCP after setting the IP Address
you can do this through RSLinx also
Go to Properties of Controller and set the IP then Disable BooTP\DHCP

-----------------------
Pawan Rathi