Scan Cycle rate???

speedcat

How can I Know The Scan Cycle Time Of My Program,Every Time I Upload A Program To The PLC I Access To The Microwin & Open The PLC Menu Then Click On Information He Gives Me Scan Rate Is It The Scan Cycle Time???I Know The Word Is Obvious That It Is The Scan Cycle Time But It's Always In The Range Of 1msec & Amnot Convenient With That Number It's Very Small Specailly Than Filtering The Digital Input Is Enabled(6.4 msec) & The Analog Input Filter Is Enabled,How Could Be The Digital Filter Is 6.4 msec & The Whole Scan rate Is 1 msec!!!!!....Do I Miss Something????????Isnt The Filteration Of The Input Is A Part Of The Scan Cycle Time Or Should I Add The 2 Values????& Howa Can I Know Exactly The Total Scan Cycle Time????Cause My Program Output Depend On Scan Time...

Last edited:
PLC Scan time is typically updating the input image table , executing the ladder and then updating the output image table. This does NOT include any delays for the propagation of the input signals through the input circuitry or the delays through the output circuitry. These delays are usually listed in the specs for the PLC for that particular hardware. Any built in delays for filters would probably have to added to that.

If you need a precise number, then you need to connect a scope or analyzer to the inputs and outputs and look at the timing chart.

Last edited:
Thanks ATU..But Doesnt Updating The Input Image Table Include Filtering..The PLC Filter The Physical Input Then Put The Filitered Value In The Input image Register..Am I Wrong????