Anybody need a high quality HMI with great support?

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
About 2 weeks ago on a Friday after lunch I got the call to troubleshoot a serial communication problem on an existing system. It has a protocol called BRU. I Googled it with no luck. Where do I turn? The HMI maker said "It was a special protocol that is no longer supported". I called the REDLION's support guy DAN YOST and he said I don't have anything but I will try to get you something. Ten minutes later, I had the help file for the BRU serial communication. This looks exactly like the Ultra Master help file. It was the exact same thing... after the fact, I had it the entire time.

These guys went out of their way to help on a project that their equipment was not on. Now that is support. The will get ALL my business for HMI or Communication bridging. I highly recommend these guy and gals to everyone of you.

Jeff Kiper

I've worked with Dan Yost myself a few times and I agree, RedLion's support is top notch. Ever see any other manufacturers post on these forums and ask YOU how to make their products better?

Ever see any other manufacturers post on these forums and ask YOU how to make their products better?

Not as a company. We have been fortunate enough to get a few AB guys that frequent this site. No disrespect too the other factory guys out there that read this I may not have talked to you directly or did not know that you are a rep.

I've worked with Dan Yost myself a few times and I agree, RedLion's support is top notch. Ever see any other manufacturers post on these forums and ask YOU how to make their products better?

What impressed me with Red Lion was that there was a salesman (I think) responding to a problem here with little success.
Then some guy identifies himself as the president and says "we are working on it and will find a fix"

Product support goes clear up to the president - within only a couple days - that impresses me

Dan Bentler