HSCE Help...

goku-1452

I have an encoder hooked up to a HSCE module in slot 1 of a SLC 5/03. I am getting a frequency off of I:1.3 of the HSCE module. The encoder is on an auger that has a 10 to 1 ratio gearbox. I am getting rpm's using the frequency on I:1.3. I have noticed that the frequency jumps by 100 every now and then but the auger does not look like it is jumping around. Is there anyway to fix this jumping? I have tried changing the sampling but this problem doesn't seem to go away. Do I need a pull up resister? I need the rpm's to control a analog module output.

1. What frequency are you expecting to see?
2. What is the setting of M0:slot.9?
3. Is I:slot.0/3 (Rate Valid) set to 1? Does it flash to 0?
4. If I:slot.0/5 ever turns on then decrease M0:slot.9

1. What frequency are you expecting to see?
2. What is the setting of M0:slot.9?
3. Is I:slot.0/3 (Rate Valid) set to 1? Does it flash to 0?
4. If I:slot.0/5 ever turns on then decrease M0:slot.9

I am new to the HSCE module and beleive I have everything set up properly. I looked at what you asked and everything seams right. I have included my test program that I've been using. Maybe you may spot something that I missed or I may have set up wrong.

The entry in N9:9 explains the "frequency jumps by 100 every now and then" observation. The sample period is set at 10ms (1). Just one count different received during this 1/100th of a second period results in a disply changing by 100hz. If you can deal with the display updating only once per second try and entry of 100.

The entry in N9:9 explains the "frequency jumps by 100 every now and then" observation. The sample period is set at 10ms (1). Just one count different received during this 1/100th of a second period results in a disply changing by 100hz. If you can deal with the display updating only once per second try and entry of 100.

Thank you for your help. I did what you said and it did help out greatly. I wasn't sure I got everything right and thought sure you might find something that I missed. I do have one other questions. I wish to control a 1746-N08V with a PID command using the RPM's I get. I am trying to control a DC Drive and keep the RPM's. How would I set up a PID command for that?

MOV the speed feedback to a word and use that as the PV, then scale and MOV the CV to the O: of the analog card.

Thank you for your help. I have included my test program with what you told me to do. I never did PID before and got lost when I got to the setup screen. I have one other question. I am going to use a touchscreen to set recipes (RPMs) for 3 augers to run. They will more than likely have diffent RPMs from each other. I assume I will be storing data from the touchscreen into a interger file. For a example say I need a motor to run at a setpoint from the touchscreen of 1900 RPMs. Using this included program, How would I set this into my program.