D2-250-1 CPU to QuickSilver motion control

NACarnes

Hey Everyone! New to all this 'forum' stuff, but seems to be the best thing for me right now. I was given a project to incorporate a Quicksilver 'Nugget' with Direct Logix D2-250-1 CPU. Its a simple press application that, at this point, does not have a PLC, other than the Quick silver. I am not fimiliar with this product, being new to the company, and have very little experience using bi-directional encoding in any application. So, I am looking for any help and pointers as to using a PLC, as I described, to control the entire function of the QuickSilver motion controller. I need to be able to monitor location of the press (motor) using the PLC and control its speed and torque. Any help in the setup, wiring and programming hints would be greatly appreciated! I am well diversed in Allen Bradley and Direct Logix PLCs and ladder logic, but have never tackled cnc type programming before, other than college... many years ago! Thanks for your help!

Just an update!

I just wanted to update on my project using the 250-1 cpu by DirectLogic to control a Quicksilver motor controller, just in case anyone is ever in need.
With much conversation from both AutomationDirect and Quicksilver, I used a D2-CTRINT card to read the signal fron the encoder. Although I had to create a make shift signal amplifier, as directed by AD, to increase the 5v signal from the controller encoder output to the 12-24v needed by the CTRINT card in the PLC. Programming was rather simple, using the counter proved in the CPU, spacifically for this card...CT174. NOTE: CTRINT must be in slot-0, next to the CPU. This card worked awesome... when motor moved in CCW, counter decreased, in CW, it increased... easy.
I then used a F2-02DA-2 output to control the speed of the motor, thru a 0-5vdc feed. The trick here was in the programming of the Quicksilver Drive to analize and use this signal. If anyone ever has any questions on this, I will be happy to post the program, or parts of it... being bound by disclosure release. As I said, the programming was relatively simple, and fun, and the press is working beautifully... Although, now I have figure out how to relate such information to the server, for tracking.
Best Reguards