the protected cpu

MAHER

HI all
i have a new project which i will use an old cpu has a type
-cpu 313 v1.0
-sm di 32 24 vdc
-sm do 32 , 24vdc 0.5A

i was uploading the old program from the software but when i was trying to download the new software this message was appeared for me ( the module /memory card cpu313 is password protected ) how can i delete this password or erase it?????

help me
i am going to wait the replying

best regards
MAHER

HI all
i have a new project which i will use an old cpu has a type
-cpu 313 v1.0
-sm di 32 24 vdc
-sm do 32 , 24vdc 0.5A

i was uploading the old program from the software but when i was trying to download the new software this message was appeared for me ( the module /memory card cpu313 is password protected ) how can i delete this password or erase it?????

help me
i am going to wait the replying

best regards
MAHER
Since it is an old 313 and has no MMC and you have a program and you don't care about what's already in there, just perform a "RESET" using the key switche.

EVERYTHING will be erased and gone so you have to start from scratch.

IN case it has a burned "EEPRPOM" it'll look like an PCMCIA card plugged into the slot of the CPU, remove and load your new program but DO NOT re-install the card as it will drive the CPU to a fault.

Since it is an old 313 and has no MMC and you have a program and you don't care about what's already in there, just perform a "RESET" using the key switche.

EVERYTHING will be erased and gone so you have to start from scratch.

IN case it has a burned "EEPRPOM" it'll look like an PCMCIA card plugged into the slot of the CPU, remove and load your new program but DO NOT re-install the card as it will drive the CPU to a fault.

Hi
I was trying to download the new program to the cpu only after removing the MMC but i got the same message (the module / memory card cpu313 is password protected enter password )

so what is your openion ?

thanks alot

maher

no way to find out a solution for this trick

maher
The only thing I can come up with is wipe out the CPU and start from scratch.
If you wipe out the CPU and start fresh, there will be nothing left there that requires you to enter a password as all data and settings will go back to default.

sorry
can you explain the procedures for me by details????
also how can i be sure that the cpu hasn't data on it???
thanks for your attention

maher

sorry
can you explain the procedures for me by details????
also how can i be sure that the cpu hasn't data on it???
thanks for your attention

maher
Memory Reset:
Put the CPU in STOP mode.
Use the key switch.
Once in STOP Mode,
Hold in MRES position for 3 seconds,
release and
within 3 seconds MAX (must be done prior to 3 seconds max elapsed time from release)
turn and hold the switch to MRES for at least 3 seconds.
If you perform the above functions successfully, you will Reset the CPU and memory and place the cPU to a default (basic, as shipped) state.
Re-load your hardware configuration,program/blocks, etc and you should be good to go.