N7:25 mov

bobdgl

Hello,

I have a Program running a forge press for the up stroke in the jog mode that had a timer preset reset to 0 ? this preset is coming from a MOV of N7:25 how does the N7:25 value get reset to 0 without anyone touching the program ?
This is running on a 5/03

thank you
Bob

There is another word that is writing to it from somewhere. Could even be a masked move. Need to do a "find all" on the N7:25 and look for a math instruction as well. It is there, just need to find it.

Is there an HMI in the system? Does it need to be set during commissioning? Has someone inadvertently reset it during some maintenance activity?
There's not a COPY or FILL FILE command somewhere writing a block of words is there?

As stated above - it's there somewhere, just need to find it!!

Mov

NO there is nothing being input to it from an HMI there is a VT 420 terminal that we have no software for to see what is in it, but a cross reference shows nothing connected to N7:25

Was this timer added 'just in case' there needed to be a delay during the initial code writing, and the Preset controlled via an integer value for convenience?

NO there is nothing being input to it from an HMI there is a VT 420 terminal that we have no software for to see what is in it, but a cross reference shows nothing connected to N7:25

Do you mean a cross reference of the PLC Program? or the VT420 terminal?

In essence, is there ANY thing external connected to any of the ports on the SLC Processor?

Looks as if you are going to need to see what is going on in the HMI. Noted above, Has someone changed parameters in the HMI?

N7:25

I find out now the the VT 420 has a Program mode to change this. Thanks all the input for me.
Now Does anyone have software for me to download data from the VT 420 so see all parameters in program so we can change these out to HMI. If software is available please upload for me.

thanks

Bob

As far as I know, "VT 420" is nothing more then a dumb terminal, usually connected to a higher end piece of computing hardware. There is no "Software" if so, but there is an application program running somewhere.
Again, MUCH more detailed information is required.