RSLogix 5000, can i MOV a word?

Ah. Hilarious. My dad used to have an anemometer on a windsurfer mast strapped to the side of his van, sampled by a timex 2068 powered by the van battery, so he could estimate the right size of sail to rig.

Then how about this:

OTU ctlFAL.EN OTU ctlAVE.EN

FAL ctlFAL 15 0 ALL array_15s[ctlFAL.POS]
(raw > array_breakpoints[ctlFAL.POS]) * 15 AVE array_15s[0] a_DINT ctlAVE 15

?

array_breakpoints is a DINT[15] and contains the 15 clockwise breakpoints, from SE=>ESE at around -8000 in array_breakpoints[0] to S=>SSE at around 28000 in array_breakpoints[14].

There are other ways e.g.

CLR a_DINT CLR index

LBL loop BST GRT raw array_breakpoints[index] ADD a_DINT 1 a_DINT
NXB ADD index 1 index LES index 15 JMP loop
BND

I know you can MOV strings on a 1756-L82E with LogixDesigner Version 32.04 and up.
Version 32.02 and under wont allow it. Just went through this experience on a project.

I know you can MOV strings on a 1756-L82E with LogixDesigner Version 32.04 and up.
Version 32.02 and under wont allow it. Just went through this experience on a project.
This is not quite correct - it's based on hardware, not software. According to the instruction help, CompactLogix 5380, CompactLogix 5480, ControlLogix 5580, Compact GuardLogix 5380, and GuardLogix 5580 controllers can all MOV strings at any version - although those controllers are only supported from v29 and up (some of the GuardLogix and Compact GuardLogix processors might be even later). If GTUnit had issues with v32.02, perhaps minor revision v32.02 had some sort of particular bug that broke this functionality, at v32.04 restored it?

Also, from v29 and above, you can also use constant strings i.e. you can literally move "NNW" into some tag, instead of having to create a tag called "WindDir_NNW" and give it the value "NNW". The same hardware requirements as above apply.

Rockwell Knowledgebase Answer ID: QA5896
Access: Everyone

There are other ways ...

Binary search:

CLR LO MOV 8 HALFSTEP

LBL loop ADD LO HALFSTEP MID
NXB
GEQ raw array_breakpoints[MID] MOV MID LO
BND
XIC HALFSTEP.0 DIV HALFSTEP 2 HALFSTEP JMP loop

COP WIND_STRINGS[LO] V_WIND_DIRECTION

N.B.