Unity Pro - Forcing/Setting BOOL Type Bits

timt

Hi,

I haven't used Unity for a while and have just fired it up to develop a good sized program.

At first glance it seems that I can only force EBOOL bits. The documentation talks about Modifying BOOL bits, but is silent about what seems to be a limitation on being able to set/force.modify a BOOL bit. In the animation table I click on the "Modification" button and go to set a BOOL bit but nothing happens. I can only assume this is because that bit is being written to in the program.

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

If this is the case I'm in a bit of trouble as all IO is coming in via IO scanning to %MW which are of course only BOOL not EBOOL and I want to use DDTs which don't accept EBOOL data types for children variables........
:confused::confused::mad::confused:

You can only force i/o that is local or remote (type ebool) not distributed (%mw).
My method for handling distributed io is to io scan into the %mw table but dont define your io here. For each card I have a dfb to break the mw word into its bits, eg for a 16 point input module the dfb would have an input of the mw data and 16 outputs for the input states, then create a tag for each point. Inside the dfb there is logic to allow forcing on and off, as well as diagnostics etc.
This method has lots of advantages over just addressing the tags straight to the mw - forcing, diagnostic handling, easy to change the remote io addressing (no need to change address of each point), provides a graphical view of each cards io.
To identify the tags as io (they wont have an address) use the custom field in the tag properties eg Rack1_Slot5

On Unity you can only force ebool variables, which have %Mxx addresses. You can't force bool variables or ebools if they don't have %Mxx address.

Lare

Thanks GeoffC, sounds like a good idea. What about DDTs do you ever find you need to force internal memory bits?

What about DDTs do you ever find you need to force internal memory bits
If I really have to (only rarely) I would make a temporary mod to the program and use a test bit to force the bit on or off

If you decide to use my dfb method to handle io, define the %mw data as an array then pass the whole array as an input into each dfb and have another input on the dfb as the starting pointer for each card

Geoff