Omron PLC address without memory area code

thara_78

Hi

I am developing a driver for Omron PLC. I see from the spec that few PLC Address does not have any memory area code (they refer to relays). How to form the address for these areas?
For egs, other address come as DM1000, EA000 etc...Here DM/EA is the memory area code. But in this case the address is 5002 etc.How to handle this?

Pls help..I am new to PLC world.

You should start with the Omron Manual #W336.

This is the manual for the SCU units, but it shows all the communication string information in the appendix.

I am guessing you are working with a CS1 or CJ1 processor.

Hope this will help.

In Omron world, an address without a memory type designator refers to CIO (common I/O) memory area. That is how this memory is mentioned in manuals. So address 5002 is exactly the same as CIO5002.

The reason for the confusion is historical, due to the memory structure of the older Omron PLC models.