Panel View Plus Maintained PB Reset

sa747sp

In the AB Panelview plus system the maintained PB I have programmed will stay in the last state until told to do otherwise. I need the PB to return to the off state when either the PLC reboots or any motor being controlled trips out.

I have state 0 for off and state 1 for on and an error state.

Can anyone tell me how this is done, I have seen the comments on the "value£ tag but still struggling.

PLC is AB Compact logix
Software is RS5000

Many thanks

Frank

Never tried it, but you may be able to use an unlatch in your program (OTL) to unlatch the value tag. You could use the F:FS tag (I think that is the first scan bit) as well as any other condition to put it back to the zero state.

Again, I'm just guessing here. Something to try until someone smarter than me comes a long (any second now).

Another option might be to use a momentary button and do all the logic in the PLC. I almost always use momentary buttons.

I normally set the Maintained PB to 'Next State Based On: CURRENT STATE' then use an OTU in your code to unlatch on the first pass or trip.
Typically, i would normally reserve several words for maintained PB's and then have the ability to unlatch several PB's when (say) e-stop or a manual to auto mode change, by just using either MOV/COP/FLL...

Hope this helps!

Rob

Use the expression properties of the push button

Hi there
Well under the connection tab of the push button you can write the following Exprn:
If YOUR_TAG==1 then 1 Else 0

So when the YOUR_TAG becomes 0 the push button will display "State 0"