RSLinx Configure Drivers Box Locking up Laptop

blamison

I am just trying to delete a driver from the configure drivers box, and when I click delete, or stop, or try to configure a new driver, the laptop freezes. It's really getting frustrating. Any ideas?

Which driver?
What version of RsLinx?
What computer operating system do you have?
Did you disconnect before trying to delete the driver?

I had this same problem today it was with the driver for the pcmk card. I forgot to set value to pcmk. It showed up as error in configed drivers box and everytime i tried delete it id get the blue screen of death, I ended up uninstalling rslinx and reinstalling it, that worked for me.

Yeah this sounds like the PCMK issue. Attached I have included a "clean" driver configuration. If you run the RSLinx Backup Restore Utility you can use this "clean" configuration to wipe out your existing drivers. Use Restore to fix. Easier than reinstalling.

Also you can start Windows in Safe Mode and then open RSLinx and delete your driver.

Be aware though, it will wipe out ALL of your configured RSLinx drivers, not just the one causing the problems.

OG

Last edited:
I did the same thing before... but I only had the issue if there was a PCMCIA card installed, once I removed the card I was able to delete the driver, its worth a try.