Editing data block

Altaf Belim

I want to edit datablock in simatic manager. I tried to edit but it seems that editing is not allowed.

Please help me how to edit the datablock.

Altaf Belim

Yes DBXX.

DBXX ?? not sure what that is telling us.

So it is an Instance DB, that is a DB linked to a FB at the FB call.

What do you want to edit, the contents or the structure?

If you want to edit the contents, then this can be done in a VAT table, but the program can overwrite if those bytes are written to.

If you want to edit the structure, then this can only be done within the FB by altering the IN/IN_OUT/OUT/STAT areas, which would then mean you would have to update the calls.

Similar Topics

Hi guys I have Productivity Station which will collect Run time data from Phoenix input block "ILB ETH 24 DI16 DIO16-2TX". I am new to crimson...
Replies
Views
All im a little stuck I have a FB1 that has 2 instance data blocks assigned to it DB1 and DB2, what I want to do is edit DB1 assignment to a...
Replies
Views
Is anyone aware of an efficient way to create/edit SLC data file values outside of RSLogix, in a similar fashion to the way you can edit variable...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. Is the PLC CJ1M CPU13 capable of online editing? Or only downloads that will stop the PLC? Thank you.
Replies
Views
Hi, its been awhile, hope y'all are well. I do not have RSView Studio or whatever the HMI specific programs are for working with .mer files I have...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom