Advanced Rate Of Change

Neat topic Peter.

On the production front, for some reason I had to turn my speakers and Windows volume way up to hear the audio. Also, because the scroll bar was visible, I found myself trying to scroll your screen once to see what was coming up...

I thought we have motion controller so we don't have to do this stuff in the PLC?:p

ndzied1 said:
I thought we have motion controller so we don't have to do this stuff in the PLC?:p
Yes but there are too many PLC questions about calculating speed. We have covered low pass filters and taking the difference between two points n samples apart. This question came has come up in the past.

We use this technique for displaying the velocity and acceleration on our graphs. Although we can down load the velocity and acceleration from the motion controller, we usually just use the position data to compute velocities.

I found the sound to be too low on my laptop too. I think I will need to get closer to the microphone.