Searching contacts

Altaf Belim

Hello Every body

I want to know how to search the contacts with no tag description except datablock address i:e DB1150.DBX0.0 in simatic manager.

Thanks
Altaf Belim

From the Simantic Manager, select Options -> Reference Data -> Display. From the Customize Window, select the Cross-references. Now from the Ref, select View -> Filter. From the Filter reference data window, check the DB box and unselect all the others. In your case enter 1150. You will see all the reference locations for all the addresses in that DB.

You are welcome.

There is another way...if you have code written in ladder...

Open a ladder file. Right click on one of the addresses or tags, it does not matter which one. From the pop-up menu select Go To -> Location. A cross reference for that address appears. If you right clicked on the address/tag you are searching for then you have what you need. Otherwise, in the Address box, type in the address (DB1150.DBX0.0 in your case) and click the Display button. You should now see a cross reference of the addresses you want.

Dear Imi'ike

This one method I knew it. In my case as I mentioned about the example datablock address when I typed it,it shows only one contact later by your method it confirmed that there was only one contact. Any ways thanks a lot. Be in touch my email address is [email protected]. You are always wellcome.
Regards
Altaf Belim