recabite

The Equipment And Software rundown

MicroLogix 1400 IP 131.107.2.8 SN 255.255.255.0
RS Linx 2.54 Classic Lite
RS View 7.0
RS Logix 500 8.10.00
Yes i can see the PLC in Linx

Greetings all
Im having a bit of problem in getting a simple momentry button to write to a bit address B3:3/0 in the ML 1400 from RS view

I am wondering if i have set this up correctly.
In RS view Channel Setup i have set the No 1 channel up As TCP/IP with Comms driver AB_ETHIP its primary
Then I set the node up as Direct Driver. Then configured the node as
Name Micrologix_1400
Comms 1 - tcpip
Station 131.107.2.8
Type SLC5 enhanced

The RSview Tag is CLK_Sync
and it has been setup as such
Type: Device Node name:Micrologix_1400
Address B3:3/0
But i keep getting this error message every time i press the button om RS view
"Channel 1 ERROR (131.107.2.8) The comms driver has not been configured"
I dont need to set Topics up do I?
Pls help

Here are the config settings

Does having RS Linx classic lite pose a problem i can get RSlinx enterprise from work

Last edited:
Hi,

RSView 32 do not work with RS Linx Lite, you need a minimum of Professional version

Best Regards