toggle switching N bits -E700 v5

a11anjones

Hi, I have a project in work to programme an E700 hmi. I have done the brunt of it although I am trying to create a switch on the hmi that will toggle between to N bits on the slc 500 plc. ie I want to tag a toggle switch on the hmi to witch either N7:0/2 or N7:0/3 for hand / auto control of 1 switch. Does anybody know if this is possible, I know how to do it to toggle 1 switch but do not know how to do 2. I spoke to someone from LC automation today and they have said that there is no way of doing it on my E700 v5, although I think this should be a standard utility on a hmi?;)

Hi, I have a project in work to programme an E700 hmi. I have done the brunt of it although I am trying to create a switch on the hmi that will toggle between to N bits on the slc 500 plc. ie I want to tag a toggle switch on the hmi to witch either N7:0/2 or N7:0/3 for hand / auto control of 1 switch. Does anybody know if this is possible, I know how to do it to toggle 1 switch but do not know how to do 2. I spoke to someone from LC automation today and they have said that there is no way of doing it on my E700 v5, although I think this should be a standard utility on a hmi?;)

If I understand correctly, you want to have one button on the HMI, toggle between two bits in the PLC. I'm not familiar with that HMI but ,assuming that you don't have a condition where both are off, set up an internal bit (B3/?) in the PLC mapped to the HMI button which you said you could use to toggle one bit.

Insert two lines in the PLC

B3/? N7:0/2
---|/|--------()--
B3/? N7:0/3
---| |--------()--

-MUR

never heard of LC automation but they don't seem to know much. E700 is Beijer product.
Check EVENT for button/function key. It can be set to toggle (among other things).