Ramping PLC Output

tvich

Anyone out there a suggestion for ramping a PLC output for a Logix5000? I could do it with a time entry, and a gain amount, but just figure there'd be something build in for this. Ramp/Soak seems a little excessive for me.

Anyone, Bueller, Anyone, Bueller...

Thanks

Try creating a tag. Each scan of the controller add 1 (Ramp Rate) to the tag

Ramp value + Ramp Rate = Ramp value (Ramp Up)

Ramp value - Ramp Rate = Ramp value (Ramp Down)

Of course you need to stop at 0 and whatever the maximum analog Output vqlue is.
Regards
Roy

Similar Topics

Anyone out there a suggestion for ramping a PLC output for a Logix5000? I could do it with a time entry, and a gain amount, but just figure...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I'm new to controls and PLCs and this might have a trivial answer. I have a small project with a PLC and a inverter. The inverter...
Replies
Views
I've got a control loop controlling the speed of a pump with a VFD as a function of a flow meter measured GPM. When the GPM is increasing, I want...
Replies
Views
I have done this before, but always looking for a better way. The application is: I have 3 AC inverters operating in open loop vector mode. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I came up with this for ramping the PWM pin on the micro 820. I'm new to ladder logic so I am not sure if this will even work? Once...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom