HSC on S7-224

alex73

Hi at all guys... just a simple question.
I'd use a s7-224 to control a machine that have two indipendent z-axis systems. each control take a sensor on the bottom to sense a surface below. Each z-axis movement in provide by a dc motor that can be take up or down the sensor; on each z-axis control i'd an encoder to know where the sensor is. So when i put a body on the machine the sensor go down until reveal the surface, at this moment I need to reset the counter and take up the sensor. so now i need to know the value of the counter because in every moment i need to go back to the 0 without the sensor help. so i need to manage two indipendent encoders with direction to increase or decrease the counter. Question is: which modes and input i'd use on the s7-224 and i't possible to do this? which kind of encoders you'd use?

thanx a lot and i'hope it's clear...

Alex