wonderware question about access names

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
I was just wondering if anyone has a better way to change the access name for a large set of tags (and devices for that matter) while windowviewer is running other than using:

IOSetItem

basically what I have is 1 big app in my office that polls a bunch of field devices, and I also have 3 polling apps out in the field that poll devices local to their field. I have the polling app in my office using view to bring the data back from the field polling apps here. In case of a failure of one of my polling apps in the field, I would like to be able to reroute all of my devices into my main app in the office.

as of right now the only way I see to swap the access names from the tags that I receive from the polling apps is to use this IOSetItem. Im all ears if someone has something simpler than making a mega script to handle all of these tags and wear out my fingers in the process.

sorry, I had a brain ****, this is going to be alot more difficult than I was thinking before I looked at it.

my issue is alot harder than I was thinking, not only would I have to change the accessname for the tags, but I would have to change the item name also, which I am not sure if I can do while windowviewer is running since i have item name = tagname checked.

it may be easier to just build a separate app for what I want to do... hmmm

So OfficeApp polls App1/App2/App3?

App1/App2/App3 have local IO servers that report back to OfficeApp?

OfficeApp can also poll the IOServers at App1/App2/App3 if required?

Can you not set the failover in the accessname config?