Aux. Encoder VS. Dual POsition Servo Control

wa5yom

I am using an Ultra 3000 with Control Logix motion control.
I have a servo application where position accuracy is critical (the poduct can slip, so I want to monitor the produst separatly)), thus I want to use an Aux. Encoder but that is not supported with ControlLogix.

What about Dual position Servo Control (which is supported)? The "Help" section expolains the differences betwen an Aux. Encoder and Dual position Servo control but it is rather simplistic.

Can anyone add to this?

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi all, Working on a system with a CompactLogix 43 processor, Kinetix 6000 servo drives, and a sercos interface between them. The 6000 is using...
Replies
Views
I'm working on a flying shear application consisting of two kinetix 350 drives. I need to find a way to connect the encoder connected to the...
Replies
Views
Hello all... I'm looking for a 480v 3ø 25+ amp Solid State Relay to replace a mechanical one beating itself to death keeping temp in a heating...
Replies
Views
Hello colleagues! I decided to ask for advice, I hope someone has already studied the issue. I'll try to formulate more correctly. There is such...
Replies
Views
Is there an electrical code requirement that calls out the a need for an auxiliary contact in a field mounted disconnect? I have a customer that...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom