My head is not working today...

David_Emmerich

Lifetime Supporting Member
Help me!!! My head is not working today.....How do I get a 260 to read (and understand) the value entered on a cmore panel thumbwheel? The address on the thumbwheel is V3000, and I have put a LD V3000 in the program, but it does not show up....

David:site:

Make sure both of them are the same type. Try double. Uses V3000 and V3001. Should the Load be LDD? Then there was something about the type - Integer.

To add to Keith's advice...

In the C-more, make sure the "Tag Data Type" is "BCD int 16" (or 32 if it's a double-word). If you have to change it, you will have to remove all references to it or you won't be able to edit the type.

Also, make sure the PLC is in TERM not RUN. In RUN, the C-more might not be able to write values to the PLC

Once you figure it out, you will say 🙃

🍻

-Eric

:site:I'm sorry that I did not get back here sooner to thank you folks for the help...It was, as Eric said, a real Dh'a moment...;)I had failed to put 24 VDC onto the TC input card;)...and the customer was due in at 0700 on the 2nd...but it all worked out well.
So, thank you all again!!!!!!:geek:🍺:site:🍻

David

Now I have another question:

I have three screens on the Cmore that watch and control three tanks...one of the displays on each screen is a count down display of the remaining cycle time for that tank...all three screens use the same display setup w/ different tags, and the PLC uses the same logic to calculate the data for the display box...but the screen for tank one works correctly and the other two do not display anything...any ideas??? I'm sure that it too will be a Dh'a moment...

David:beerchug::site:

Last edited:
Temporarily write some rungs to load a dummy value into your variables (add a NO contact to disable other rungs affecting variable), and see if they display correctly. It's easier to find the problem when you have a known fixed value. Posts 2 & 3 apply again.

Last edited:
I have three screens on the Cmore that watch and control three tanks...one of the displays on each screen is a count down display of the remaining cycle time for that tank...all three screens use the same display setup w/ different tags, and the PLC uses the same logic to calculate the data for the display box...but the screen for tank one works correctly and the other two do not display anything...any ideas???

View the V-memory locations of the 'non-working' values in the PLC with DirectSOFT (use the "Y2=" button or in a watch window). Are these values correct? If not, figure that out. If they ARE correct, double check where the tags in the C-More are pointing, and that you are using the correct tags for each display.

🍻

-Eric

P.S. Give me a holler if you get stuck. You know my cell number...
2.gif

all three screens use the same display setup w/ different tags, and the PLC uses the same logic to calculate the data for the display box....
David, Are you sure that you didn't miss changing a few tags when you copied the logic? Perhaps you used the same variable names in the PLC to do the calculations, and the last one done is the only one being calculated?

Thanks guys... I have an intern proof reading the programs this morning...maybe he will spot a duplication that I missed...( read:"In my old, frazzeled brain");). I'll let you know what he finds later today.

David:beer:

By the way, I forgot to grab my cell phone this morning, so the only way to contact me today is here or email... 🙃

🍻

-Eric