Following error on gearing in simotion

Plc_User

I have a gearing opertion in simotion. But I always keep a following error even if the master axis speed is constant for a long period, the following error is not corrected. Someone told me I should increase the gain of the positionning and also the precontrol of the positionning. This helps minimizing the following error, it is decreasing proportional with the gain and precontrol, but also the motor is vibrating more.
I wondered if there isn't an integral factor that decreases the following error on a time basis, but I didn't find it.
Who has experience in tuning absolute gearing in Simotion?
Thanks

I have a gearing opertion in simotion. But I always keep a following error even if the master axis speed is constant for a long period, the following error is not corrected. Someone told me I should increase the gain of the positionning and also the precontrol of the positionning. This helps minimizing the following error, it is decreasing proportional with the gain and precontrol, but also the motor is vibrating more.
I wondered if there isn't an integral factor that decreases the following error on a time basis, but I didn't find it.
Who has experience in tuning absolute gearing in Simotion?
Thanks

For now I'll assume its a D4x5 controller
Have you "traced" the drive?
Is the speed controller gain set correctly?
Is DSC used?
What is the following error set to?

I would start with tuning the speed controller in the drives (master and slave) first

For now I'll assume its a D4x5 controller
Have you "traced" the drive?
Is the speed controller gain set correctly?
Is DSC used?
What is the following error set to?

I would start with tuning the speed controller in the drives (master and slave) first

It's a D410. I cannot use DSC because the position encoder is not the motor encoder. I have tuned the speed controller of the drive, the master is an external encoder following the material moving at constant speed.
My following error seems proportional to the speed the drive.
I can lower the following error by increasing the servo gain factor on the closed loop control page of the axis, and also by increasing the precontrol value on that same page. Disadvantage is that my drive becomes to agressive and vibrates more. I am not concerned about the time it takes to realise a minimal following error (<1 mm) but drive should make effort to minimise that following error, while now even at very long times of constant masterspeed the following error stays on a to high value of f.i. 3 mm. So, I was thinking of some 'time integral factor' that tries to eliminate the error as time passes. But I did not find such a thing, also the 'position control loop equivalent time' did not influence the following error.
So my question is : what is the right procedure to tune a gearing proces with Simotion, with the objective of a minimal following error.
Thanks