PLC not following program set

Ok thank you very much trying to get our electronics guy to come look at it , he just keeps saying it’s from Germany and just seems like doesn’t know what to look for

I appreciate that guidance I wish I knew how to test it myself with multimeter or I would by now
Steve Bailey outlined it pretty well, calling out the exact terminal numbers on the Drive to measure. That's the only place you need to measure as that holds both the PLC signal 0-10V and the Ouput voltage to the DC Drive. Again, if possible, run multiple spindles at the same speed and have your tech measure:

Incoming AC Voltage to each drive (should be 230VAC)
Incoming Analog 0-10VDC signal from PLC. Could be anywhere between 0 and 10V, but should be consistent across drives if running same speed
Outgoing DC Voltage from Drive to Motor. Could be anywhere from likely 0 to 90VDC, but should be the same across drives

Then when you do a speed change, both the Incoming Analog voltage and the DC Voltage out to the motor should change somewhat proportionally to your new speed.

Steve Bailey outlined it pretty well, calling out the exact terminal numbers on the Drive to measure. That's the only place you need to measure as that holds both the PLC signal 0-10V and the Ouput voltage to the DC Drive. Again, if possible, run multiple spindles at the same speed and have your tech measure:

Incoming AC Voltage to each drive (should be 230VAC)
Incoming Analog 0-10VDC signal from PLC. Could be anywhere between 0 and 10V, but should be consistent across drives if running same speed
Outgoing DC Voltage from Drive to Motor. Could be anywhere from likely 0 to 90VDC, but should be the same across drives

Then when you do a speed change, both the Incoming Analog voltage and the DC Voltage out to the motor should change somewhat proportionally to your new speed.
Ok thanks again I appreciate it

Attachments

• IMG_2104.jpeg
    IMG_2104.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2105.jpeg
    IMG_2105.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2102.jpeg
    IMG_2102.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2103.jpeg
    IMG_2103.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 10
Another issue I see this morning the HMI screen shows 2 of my stations on the programs “times set”

The word “INPUT I1”

I never put that suppose to be a set time

Attachments

• IMG_2109.jpeg
    IMG_2109.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2108.jpeg
    IMG_2108.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 8
If you are measuring the Voltage on the drive to the motors and the voltage from the PLC, your meter should be on DC, not AC. The only AC voltage is the incoming 230VAC power supply to the drives.

Input 1 means it is waiting in the previous step until an external Input occurs, then in both cases, it appears to turn on spindle 1. In one instance it turns it on at 350 RPM, then turns on 2 and 3 with it at 350 RPM. The other instance, it turns on Spindle 1 at 180 RPM then changes it and turns on 2 and 3 to 350 RPM.

That Input could be an operator pushbutton, or some indication that some cycle has completed.

If you are measuring the Voltage on the drive to the motors and the voltage from the PLC, your meter should be on DC, not AC. The only AC voltage is the incoming 230VAC power supply to the drives.

In DC setting only 1 of the drive Roxy is at .10

Attachments

• IMG_2115.jpeg
    IMG_2115.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2114.jpeg
    IMG_2114.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2116.jpeg
    IMG_2116.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 4
What terminals are you measuring that voltage on? That's awfully low across the board.

What is the DC voltage to the motor?

Are all the Spindles running the same speed during this test?

As a reminder, the 0-10V signal should be measured across terminals X2.5 and X2.10

Motor Voltage measured across terminals X3.13 and X3.14

See attachments

Attachments

• Analog.jpg
    Analog.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Motor.jpg
    Motor.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 7
What terminals are you measuring that voltage on? That's awfully low across the board.

What is the DC voltage to the motor?

Are all the Spindles running the same speed during this test?
Speed adjusted

Attachments

• IMG_2120.jpeg
    IMG_2120.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 10