AB Runtime ERROR?

Terry Boblitt

Had a 5/01 fault out on this. What is is & what can I do to prevent it fron happing again? It told me it was an output card (1746-0w16)in slot #5
Machine had been running fine--turned it off for a change over. Upon powering up if faulted out.
Thanks for any suggestions and input....
Terry

Most of the time, any error that refers to a specific slot means that there is a problem with the card in that slot. It might just need to be reseated. It also can be very intermittent.

Occasionally, the faulty card will be in a different slot, but will disrupt communication to the an adjacent slot which will report an error.

I have seen at least two occurrences of faults caused by field devices being driven by 1746-OW16 cards, but that was a very rare thing.

I would wait until the problem returns before doing anything, in case it was a fluke.

Paul

I appreciate all the help and info. I do have an eeprom installed. I do have a 1 in the S:1/12 data file. Is there anything better to help clear the error.
Thanks Terry

We ran into this occasionally with some of our equipment (at least it sounds the same). In our case we were using IFM modules to make wiring easier. The cables (at the PLC end) were getting zip tied too tightly to the chassis which put some tension on the card. You could see that they were being pulled out of of the slot if you looked carefully. We cut the zip ties and reseated the cards and the problem went away.