Wincc Help Please!

sparkotronic

Hi all,

I'm trying to put in a mod on a wincc project to allow PID adjustment.
My problem is that the reset time is in "T#20m" format and I can't seem to get my wincc project to display it.
The options on the input/output field don't seem to allow for this format, or am I being dense again!

Am I able to change it into a wincc friendly format to allow me to use it.

Thanks in advance.

Colin

Here is how I did it. As with Siemens, there are many ways of doing almost everything.

1) WinCC Flex
I added an IO Field object. The tag I used is type real. I set the format to 'decimal' and pattern of '999.99'. Then the operator will view the time variable in units of seconds to two decimal points.

2) PLC - Convert Real to S5Time
In the PLC I use the function 'R_S5T" (FC83) to convert from real to S5 time. The input to the function is the tag of type 'real' that was used in WinCC above. The output or return value is a tag of type 'S5TIME'. This is the value that is used in S5Time timers.