Profibus Lightning Arrester

DCS_BOD

Hi All,

When running armoured Profibus cable Outside of buildings, is it required to have a lightning arrester at both.
Eg. Going out of the builing and into the other building?

Any help apprieciated.

Regards
Robin

Robin

Speaking only for USA I do not believe lightning protection is required in all installations.

If you are in a high probability area then it may be a good idea. I think you will find that the emphasis is on protecting the building and not each individual system. If you "attract" a strike and bleed it off to another area the building is protected. I believe in some cases lightning arrestors are placed on poles adjacent to buildings to achieve this.

There are protectors for power wiring TV etc etc.

Look up lightning arrestor etc on Google to learn more which is what I did to learn what little I know. We are low probable in Seattle so we dont worry about it that much.

Dan Bentler

Last edited: