Rslogix emulator 500

bleach

CAN you please explain me the following step in setting up emulator

Here’s how to set up the trend player feature of RSLogix Emulate:

1 Obtain a .DBF format file from your process.

Rockwell Software Inc.
actually i don't know how to get the .DBF thing

thanks

From RSEmulate500 Help...

Where to get .DBF files

Two Rockwell Software packages, RSTrend and RSView, save process trend data in .DBF files. You can also create .DBF files in several applications, such as dBase®, Lotus 1-2-3®, Microsoft Excel®, and others.

It is more accurate and simpler to sample actual process data rather than create data on your own, especially for large numbers of samples. RSTrend is ideal for sampling live process data. For more information on these software packages, please call Rockwell Software or your local distributor.

Once you have sampled a process and gathered data into a .DBF file, you can open a project in RSLogix Emulate, and feed the data into the project from the .DBF file.

Note The play trend feature uses only word address values. Bit values are not supported at this time. If you need to use a bit address in a simulation, use the entire word containing the bit.