Online RS Logix500

TheVo

Hi evryone

I have a problem with RS logix 500.
When I open the old program and online to PLC, I choose "upload using file" but when online I lost all commemt and symbol.
Do you know why is it?

Phung

RSLogix500 only looks in a default directory for your RSLogix projects. So when you attempt to go online and it doesn't find the "right" project, many people mistakenly choose to create a new project. Creating a new file uploads the contents from the PLC but since the comments are not in the PLC, they will not be available. This project gets saved to that default directory and then later, when you try to go online you use the "Upload using" option, but it is uploading the logic into this project that has no comments.

Creating a new file is a common mistake people make. They then think they have "lost" their comments. Their comments are typically still there, just in another directory on their PC. Use windows search to find all .RSS files and you will probably find it.

If your project is stored in a specific location, then go find it and then open the file before you attempt to go online.

OG

Last edited:
another possibility is that the .RSS file you are "using" actually IS the best file – BUT – maybe that file doesn't have the comments and other documentation stored in it ...

this happens when someone "creates a new file" to go online (as in an emergency situation) and then "saves" the file when they shut down ... in this case, the file now stored on the disk is "empty" of documentation ...

suggestion: open up any "BAK" (backup) .RSS files that you can find for your project ... (in most cases there are three of these saved in your default directory - the highest number should be the most recent) ... maybe you'll find the documentation in one of those ...

and one other long shot ... check under View / Properties / Comment Display and make sure that the software is actually set up to show the documentation ... that dog's bitten a few people in the past ...

Last edited:
Export & Import

commemt and symbol can be export from the any old file, then import to the newly uploaded logic file.
export it to the folder where the new upload is.
or any folder you wanted, as long as you can find it when importing it.