PV660 Download Error...

Eric Nelson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I'm back with my next AB problem. When trying to upload a program to a fresh PV660, I get the following error:

"Error (2229) - DTL_E_RSHARMONY_INVOKE_METHOD. Could not invoke method on RSHarmony object"

This is an existing program that my customer simply wants me to download to a new PanelView. I'm using PB32 version 03.81.00 (Build 316) with RSLinx 2.54.00.11 CPR 9 SR 1. I tried installing PB32 on a different laptop as well, and get the same error... :confused:

RSLinx sees the Panelview fine, just no luck with downloading. I get this error during the "Identifying operator terminal" step of the download, but it apparently sees the PV, since I get the standard timeout if I try to download while not connected to the PV. I'm connecting with a UIC via DH485, but I also drug out my old PIC and get the same error. The last time I used a PanelView was back in the mid '90s, so I'm a bit rusty with 'em. Any ideas?... :confused:

🍻

-Eric

Try deleting the Harmony.hrc and Harmony.rsh files from X:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon.

Those little beasties are frequently stomped on by other components, but get regenerated each time you restart RSLinx, so you delete them and they'll get re-created fresh and shiny.

Hi Ken and Eric,

I had this same error when i wanted to download to pv600, but since I erased the harmony files, my pc (vmware) has been having troubles... gets frozen for a few seconds like every ten minutes... do u know why is that? is there anything i can do 'bout it?