AB 5/04 timer T4:

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi to all.What instruction I must write to in order to change the preset value from a HMI(maple system)
T4: time 1.0
preset 400

processor 5/04 AB

Process
A pump that will be turned on from a HMI useing a toggle ON/OFF bit. This bit make a timer TOF for a preset amount of time, and a bit TT will turn on a output causing the pump contactor to turn on. What instruction I must use or write to in order to change the value in T4 TOF timer preset.
Thanks for your help.

T4 is a section which contains multiple timers.

T4:0 is one timer within the section

T4:0.PRE is the preset value for this timer. This is what you would change to vary its time.

But some HMI interface protocols or processors do not allow you to DIRECTLY modify the Preset. If you find this (selecting the Preset of a timer is not allowed) then write the desired preset to an 'N' register. In the ladder MOV the value from the 'N' register to T4:0.PRE (or whatever timer you are using)