SLC 5/03 Ethernet with SNMP

sgocken

I have a SLC 5/03 and want to add an Ethernet interface to the rack. My main goal is to get SNMP support. I have been looking though docs for days and the only solution I have found was to move to the SLC 5/05. Is there a cheaper option?

It really depends on what you want to get from SNMP. You can use a serial to ethernet converter that is SNMP capable and monitor connection health but you willnot get anything aht is PLC specific.

What I really want to do it to get the state of inputs/outputs.
I have an old alarm panel (made in the late 60s) that lights alarms for the building. I want to build that alarm panel in a website that will e-mail alarms. The website part is no problem for me and I do a lot with SNMP. The hard part is getting the data. SNMP traps would be the best, but I can do SNMP get as well.