Downloading to slc 500 from 04 to slc05

What do you mean ?

Do you want to use a firmware upgrade for an SLC5/04 CPU on an SLC5/05 CPU ? Not possible.

Or do you want to download a program for an SLC5/04 CPU on an SLC5/05 CPU ? Not possible, but modifying the CPU type in the RSLogix project from an SLC5/04 to an SLC5/05 is fairly easy.
Then there is the problem with the lesser memory on the SLC5/05, which may or may not be a problem.
You can check the memory usage in the CPU properties in the RSLogix project.
If that checks out OK, then indeed you can download the program.
Remember to set the channel 1 parameters before downloading because these will have been reset upon changing from a DH+ CPU to an Ethernet CPU.

Similar Topics

I have a need to enter ~36,000 data points into the data tables N200...N255 on 10 different PLCs (SLC 5/04). I have all the data points in excel...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to replaca a SLC 5/04 communicating with DH+ and RS232. CH1 : DH+ on NODE 2 at 57.6k CH0 : RS232 I have a plc rack and the new plc...
Replies
Views
I am changing some code off-site and looking to goto site and download the altered code. Is there any way I can keep all the register values that...
Replies
Views
I have a L82 system setup redundant that i need to download a lot of programs to in a critical environment. What is the process to do this and...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am trying to upload some parameters from a powerflex 523, and download them to a new powerflex 4. First problem is I’m not...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom