DH + Setup On New Processor

The Plc Kid

I have a new slc 5/04 64k OS401 Series C Processor that i am trying to setup

I am communicating with it Via a pcmk card DH+

The new processor comes configed as node 1 and i need it to be node 7 which is my project node. My laptop node is 31.

When i try to download the project to the processor it asks to change project settings to system settings which is the opposite of what i want.If i say now it tries to downlaod but the fails.

This is rslogix 5 version 7.20.00

This would be easy if i had a cable to connect DF1 and then change the dh+ number but my 1747-cp3 seems to have grown legs.

Can this be done without doing it through df1?

From memory as i havent got a processor or pcmck card to hand right now and its been a while you need to leave your project settings (existing comms to processor) set at Node 1 (current processor settings). Then set in your offline file in logix 500 in the left hand pane under channel config > chan 1 system set node address to 7

Download to processor at node 1, you will get a message saying something like if you continue you will loose connection after the download, click yes i want to

Then go offline, change your project to node 7 and reconnect.

Like i said this is from memory so may be a bit vague :)

That is the way i thought it worked also but if i say no to applying current setting which is node 1 to my project setting node 7 it will try to download then fail.

If i say yes it changes my proj from 7 to 1 and all is well.

But i have to have this unit set to 7 to replace another processor on the line.

You need to download the logix file with a node set at 7 for dh+ to the processor at which is set at node 1, then go online to node 7. This should work.

Post your logix 500 (not 5!) file zipped up

I meant rs logix 500. Long Day

I found the Problem it was that i had another instance of logix 500 open (different project) somehow this was keeping it from working correctly.

Once i closed this second instance and downloaded it gave me the warning that it would change comms and comms would be lost.

I have no idea why this second instance would do this but that is what it is i changed it back and repeated it just to see.

Weird