Online through PLC to Panelview

rigicon

Hello Plc experts,
I have an Allen Bradley Panelview Plus 600 (2711P-K6C20D) connected to a Compact logix L35E(logix 5335E 1769-L35E ethernet serial) PLC. They talk to each other through a router(hub,switch). I go online via ethernet very fast.

I recently put a modem on the PLC serial port and can remotely go online slow but it is ok for small changes or diagnosis. I was wondering if I could talk through the modem and through the serial PLC port to the Panelview. Having written that I have confused myself as the panelview is ethernet connected to the PLC. Am I being silly is this not possible?

Download to Panelview via PLC

Hello Plc experts,
I have an Allen Bradley Panelview Plus 600 (2711P-K6C20D) connected to a Compact logix L35E(logix 5335E 1769-L35E ethernet serial) PLC. They talk to each other through a router(hub,switch). I go online via ethernet very fast.

I recently put a modem on the PLC serial port and can remotely go online slow but it is ok for small changes or diagnosis. I was wondering if I could talk through the modem and through the serial PLC port to the Panelview. Having written that I have confused myself as the panelview is ethernet connected to the PLC. Am I being silly is this not possible?

Can it be done?

Over ethernet you are communicating directly to the screen, not through the PLC to the screen.

For your proposal to work on the serial port, you would need to communicate to the screen through the PLC with a software that is not capable of communicating to the PLC?!?!?

I have no data to back this up, but my answer would be "no".