RXLogix Licence Promblem

Karan01

I have problem to run my RSLogix 500 and RSLogix 5000 softwares. They were working fine before. Somehow it does not detect the licence in the C: drive. I can see the licence in the C: drive by using emove. Can someone help to solve this promblem.

I will appricate for all the help.

Thanks

Last edited:
Do you know what revisions you are using. If you or someone else have upgraded the software, some of the newer revisions no longer support the EVMOVE style activations.

OG

Defragging shouldn't hurt anything. Compressing can screw it up though. Some of the Anti-Virus programs can affect it as well. Try disabling your AV program.

OG

the new ab software does not work with the old style of
licensing. you will have to install factory talk and
a few other things in order to get the new license file.

sorry that i cannot be much help. the laptop is out of reach
rught now.
regards,
james.

I think all RSLogix versions still work with EVRSI activations so I would check with Rockwell Tech Support.
From their FAQ - "The original plan was to support EVRSI activation until CPR10. However, the support for EVRSI has been extended beyond CPR10. EVRSI will continue to be supported at least through calendar year 2008. In order to consider removing support for EVRSI activation, we first must ensure that all products are available and all technical ease-of-use issues with concurrency have been resolved. In other words, until all FactoryTalk Activation offerings can parallel EVRSI Activation capabilities, we cannot consider termination of EVRSI. No timeline has been determined for this."