slc 5/04 pid

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All
I Have an issue when it comes to pid addressing.
Here is what I have now:
Control variable n7:1
Control Block Length is 23
I don't have a problem with addressing the inputs, but the problem is the outputs of pid.
For say I wanted to use the pid dn bit to clear a S:5 bit
How would I address this on a rung

Please Let me know thank you

I know that word 0 bit 13 is the pid done bit

??????
--][--------- otu
XIC

Last edited:
First word of your control block.
If your control block is N10:0 then the dn bit is N10:0/13.

Curious, what S:5 status bit are you unlatching and why?

n7:0/13 b3:0/0
---][--------------------------------<>----

*** soon as i entered the address m7:0/13 the
abbreviation showed HMI SPEED INPUT????
Can any one tell me whats going on??and what i'm doing wrong??
I also looked at the set up screen for pid while online the dn flag changes from 0 to 1 but my XIC instruction does not??

Post your .rss file or a screen shot of your setup. Is N7:0 the the first word of your control block?

controlblock.jpg

Last edited:
It sounds like you are modifying an existing program that used that bit for something else in the past. You should search the PLC program and the HMI tag database to ensure the entire range of addresses used in your control block are actually free and available. If you find no usage of that bit, then delete the comment or symbol and replace it with your own new description.

Also, RSLogix may not always accurately display the states of bits that change very fast, so keep that in mind.

n7:1 is the first word in the control block.
Whan i tryed playing with Sp max Sp Min I have faulted the processor "MINOR ERROR SEE s:5" I thought i could reset that havin an XIC instructin addessed to a DN Flag and clear the S:5 error.