1761-NET-ENI help

Andrew_W

I'm trying to configure a 1761-NET-ENI Module that is Series D, I have tried using several different methods to no avail so I need some help. When I try to configure it using the ENI/ENIW utility I get an error message saying "No Response from ENI". What am I doing Wrong, any Idea's?

I already have the manuals and have gone through them a couple of times, I followed the steps in chapter 4 trying to use the RS-232 connection, for some reason I keep getting the "No Response from ENI" message. I also tried to set the IP address using the Bootp method only to find out that its not broadcasting to the server at power on, so I am basically stuck trying it with the ENI configuration software. I am powering the unit using an external source.

Is there away to reboot the module back to "out of the box" conditions? or should I just get out the hammer 🔨?

Thanks for the help thus far

Andrew it has been awhile since I messed with a NET-ENI and they sometimes can be a pain and I am going by memory here.
Make sure your switch is set to external power.
Double check the com port you are using on one of the tabs. Can't remember which tab but it is in the Net Eni Software.
Try downloading to the NET ENI and also uploading from it. I had to do that in the past to establish comms before.

Good Luck

To connect to the ENI via Ethernet you have to use the Com Port Redirector software from Rockwell. You can download it from their site. The default IP address for a series D ENI is 192.168.1.254. See page 4-8 in the user manual.

alright, I gave up on trying to get it connect via the RS232 port and tried it using the Ethernet method as shown in the manual, because the previous user had set a static IP ;) I had to use the RSlinx software to find the IP address, so I tried to use the use the configuration with the comm port re-director, but it didn't work :mad:. In the end I ended up having to guess at the sub-net mask and reconfigure my computers IP and sub-net mask to match the NET-ENI module, once I had all that figured out I got it to work over Ethernet, going to try and figure out why it wont work over RS232 tomorrow:wish:.