omron nt600s display

arunas

Hi. wondering if anyone is familiar with omrons nt600s display. I purchased this unit used and can't seem to download an application into it. I am using nt support tool NT-WIN (v1.0) and it seems that my NT600S do not understand the “shake hand” for the screens transmition. The tables’ transmition to the NT600s and back to computer is OK. Maybe, there is more sophisticated software to program an NT unit?

I am waiting for your replay!
Sincerely,

Arunas Lipnickas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Department of Control Technology ,
Kaunas University of Technology.
Studentu st. 48-320,
LT3031 Kaunas, Lithuania
tel/fax. +37037-300291,

You have the right software for this display. If you are able to transmit the tables, then the cable and the connection are right. Please give the exact error message that comes when you transmit the screens. If possible please post the screen capture of the error message.

Dear Jay Anthony,

Thank you, very much for your quick replay. I know, that my cable is all right, because the second display NT20 is communicating correctly. Problems are only with NT600S. There are no transmition errors within the NT-WIN program and NT600S. As I wrote, the transmition of the tables are correct, while training to transmit screens (or whole Application) the NT600 is waiting for the data and NT-WIN displays message “Time out. Communication aborted”.
But… During the first seconds of the data transmition to the NT600S, the NT600S for the few times flashes the text:
“PT->TOOL
Evaluation Data
0Kb”

I have tried to capture transmition signals with oscillograph; and I see that the NT600S replays to the write request from PC, but the NT-WIN can’t encode the write permition signals from NT600. I suspect the wrong communication format or damaged basic software on NT600.

Thanks!
Arunas