Sink-ing..

theripley

Hi

Can a DC sinking input react to a dry contact?

I have a PLC input (DC sinking input), & a dry contact from an external timer (this is existing already)..Will the PLC input react with this contact considering I will connect the common to the negative?

Regards,
theripley

It should have no problem but the common on the input should be connected to the +.

Then all your input devices connect their points to the 0V reference for the +common.

Of course, there are some i/o devices that view this whole thing backwards so you should really follow the documentation for the specific thing you are wiring up.

Similar Topics

Just wondering if it is possible to wire in a Cynergy UF08B100 Flowmeter into an Allen Bradley 1734-IE4C. I have tried every way I can think of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm currently doing a project for school where I am taking a Yamaha QRCH robot and installing a Panelview Plus 600 for controls, though...
Replies
Views
:tod: I have a PowerFlex70 5HP VFD and want to hook up the digital inputs as Sink inputs. The User Manual states that you can use Sink or Source...
Replies
Views
We have a Rockwell 1734 IE8C 8 channel analog input card, but we don't know if this is sourcing or sinking. The user manual doesn't seem to have...
Replies
Views
Got a new piece of equipment that has a flow switch on it. But the flow switch is 4-20ma output and we don't have any analog inputs left and the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom